Business Office: 301-400-0501
Walter Reed Medical Simulation Center
8901 Rockville Pike, Building 3, 4th Floor
Bethesda, Maryland 20889-5600
Monday - Friday / 0700 - 1700hrs
Weekends and Holidays Closed*
Initially established in 2008 at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC, the Walter Reed Medical Simulation Center (WRMSC) is now located in Bethesda, MD at the newly merged Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC). It is one of ten satellite simulation centers developed under the US Army Central Simulation Committee (CSC).
The CSC was established in 2007 with the goals of standardizing simulation-based training in Army graduate medical education programs, assisting in redeployment training of physicians returning from war, and improving patient safety within the Army Medical Department.
Presently, the CSC oversees 10 Simulation Centers, controls over 21,000 sq ft of simulation center space, and provides specialty-specific training in 14 medical specialties. In the past 2 years, CSC Simulation Centers have trained over 50,000 US military medical students, residents, physician assistants, nurses, Soldiers and DoD civilian medical personnel.
- Director of Medical Education - Colonel, USA
- Medical Simulation Director - Lieutenant Colonel, USA
- Deputy Medical Simulation Director - Major, USA
- Director of Surgical Simulation - Lieutenant Colonel, USAF
- Medical Simulation Administrator - DoD Civilian
- Senior Medical Simulation Technician- HM2, USN
- Medical Simulation Technologist - 1LT, USA
- Simulation Coordinator - DoD Contractor
"Trained, Competent, Safe & Ready"